Let me share with you my favourite cosmetics that help me to achieve my everyday look. My aim is to look as natural as possible whilst maintaining a healthy, glowing complexion. Now that I am in my thirties, I have focused especially on sourcing products that will help maintain my skins longevity and postpone ageing. Luckily I have good genes and my Mother looks at least ten years younger than her actual age. That being said, I would never dismiss cosmetic procedures or surgery to enhance my youth..when the time comes I will almost certainly go under the knife and have a lift or two! From head to toe, here are the beauty products I adore.
For my skincare routine, I change the product when it has all been used. I do this because otherwise your skin gets used to the product and it becomes less effective. I also like to use the same range at a time for my skincare so they can work in harmony together. At the moment I am using YSL skincare.
1.Firstly I cleanse my face with YSL forever Youth Liberator Cleansing Foam – £35 for 150ml. This is perfect for cleansing as it makes your skin feel so fresh and supple after use. It really does cleanse perfectly and prepare the face for all the products it is about to endure.
2. Next I apply my anti ageing product, YSL Forever Youth Liberating Serum – £61. I have to be honest and admit that my skin does feel fantastic since using this product. My skin feels a lot firmer more radiant, as though it is helping to take away the dullness of my complexion.
3. Finally to complete my skin care routine I use YSL Forever Youth liberator Moisturiser- £60. This moisturiser has SPF15 which blocks the sun’s harmful rays. As I have always made an effort to avoid sun exposure, I find this particularly helpful. My skin is naturally dry and this product adds a rich moisture to my skin.
4. I did used to use a primer on my skin before applying foundation but found there to be no advantage in doing so. The Moisturiser acts as a good base for my foundation and I have been using Chanel Perfection Lumière – £35 for the past two years. I love this foundation as it provides excellent coverage without looking unnatural. It is also really breathable and almost like a second skin. The foundation is perfect for me as it lasts for hours without needing to be touched up.
5. Next I mix my foundation with YSL Touche Éclat number 1 – £25 to create my own concealer. I did used to buy a concealer but one day I ran out so tried mixing and found it provided better coverage. I then use the Touche Éclat around the eye area to highlight my eyes and to contour the rest of my face. It is an amazing product which has won numerous awards.
6. To set the foundation and to give a matte finish I use Chanel Natural Finish loose powder in 30 Naturel – £27. This powder is extremely light and comes with a powder applicator. It fits into any handbag or purse so is great for touching up on the go. I adore this powder and think it is much more reliable than a primer.
7. I then apply YSL Cream Blush in Powdery Rose – £29. This cream blush is phenomenal and one of the best products I have ever found. It is deliciously rich and makes the cheekbones look divine. The Powdery Rose colour is gorgeously natural and perfect for any occasion.
8. I apply minimal eyeliner on my lower lash line using YSL eye Pencil in Velvet Black – £19. I like this because it is very long lasting and does not smudge. It also has a great applicator tool which helps to create a more polished, neater look.
9. To finish the eyes I use YSL False Lash Effect Mascara in High Density Black – £29.50. Another fantastic product that has won countless awards. It will make the lashes look glamorous yet elegant and really add length and volume.
10. To finish the face my favourite lipstick for everyday use is Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 41 Canotier – £35. This product is absolutely sensational and just gives a beautiful, English rose, natural look. It has a glossy finish which makes the lips look shiny and full. I have received so many compliments about this lipstick!
11. I go for a weekly Manicure/ Pedicure but if for some reason I need to use polish, I use Chanel Le Vernis in 475 Dragon – £18. It is hard to go wrong with this colour and as it is extremely hard wearing there is no need to worry about chipping.
12. Last but not least I use Chanel No.5 body scent. Some people find this scent ‘old fashioned’ but to me it is the most luxurious scent in the World and both my Mother and Granny used it. I use the body lotion after my morning shower which is intensely rich and makes you feel like a million dollars. I then use the perfume all over and finally the hair mist. My hair is shoulder length and after it has been blow dried, I spray a little of the mist in my hair and the amazing fragrance lasts all day. It is perfection!
The Countess x
- Primers… are the really worth it? (beautybyemilyfaith.wordpress.com)